Cleaning & Linen Service Policy:
The home will come with linens, and towels, beach towels and blankets. Upon departure, please strip beds and leave linens in laundry room.
A cleaning service to clean the house on your departure is included on your invoice. You are responsible that all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in garbage bags and transferred to the large trashcans by the road on predetermined days of the week. At the conclusion of your stay, all items are expected to be returned to their proper place.
The home is provided with a starter set of home supplies as outlined below.
• 4 rolls of bathroom toilet paper per bathroom
• 4 paper towel rolls
• 2 sponges
• 1 dishwashing soap
• Dishwashing detergent for the week
• Garbage bags for the week
Owners do not guarantee that these extra items will always be available and guests may need to replenish their own paper goods, toiletries, & laundry detergent, etc.
We, the Renters (also referred to as “Tenants” and “Guests”) agree to the following:
1) PAYMENT DUE - All rental monies are due according to the payment schedule disclosed under "Payment Policy" above on reservation acceptance.
2) CANCELATION 30 days before check-in, Renters will forfeit the total rental. The total rental includes all charges on the paid-in-full invoice. Renter may mitigate this loss by purchasing Travel Insurance or Cancel for Any Reason insurance offered by from a third party provider. CANCELATION 31 DAYS or MORE before check-in, Renters will receive a REFUND of 50% of the rental. CANCELATION 61 DAYS or MORE will receive a full refund. There are NO REFUNDS for EARLY DEPARTURE.
3) HURRICANES & TROPICAL STORMS - There are NO REFUNDS for hurricanes, tropical storms or weather conditions, even if a mandatory evacuation is ordered ( travel insurance for Renter may be obtained through a third party. Renter ASSUMES THE RISK).
4) CONDITION OF PROPERTY: Owners have, to the best of their ability, given an accurate description of the property and its condition. Guest understands that it is considered as reserved "sight unseen". Our cleaning staff will have cleaned it before your occupancy. Keep in mind that this is new construction and all systems and appliances should be in peak working order. With that said, the failures of operation of certain extra amenities, such as TVs, cable, games, or the Internet and Wi-Fi service are not a basis for any refund in excess of $500. The amount of any refund shall be determined by the parties in a fair and equitable manor.
Owner will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during Guests occupancy. When you arrive, if you find that the house has not been cleaned to normal standards please notify the Owner immediately. We will do our best to have tradesmen attend to the problems but may not be able to fix everything over holidays and weekends. The Guest agrees to hold the Owner harmless from any liability for the condition of the house.
5) CLEANING & REPAIRS: Please note that cleaning does not include dishes & cooking utensils. If additional cleaning is required after you leave, it will be charged to your credit card. Guest agrees to keep house, furniture and furnishings in good order. Removing, adding or changing furniture without Owner’s written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Rental Agreement, and is strictly prohibited. Guest is responsible for cost of replacement of any damage to furniture or premises and replacement of missing items. Under no circumstances can any furnishing or linen be taken outside onto the beach with the exception of those items specifically mentioned in paragraph 8.
6) ENTRY OF PREMISES: Owner or Owner’s representative may enter the premises ONLY by securing prior permission from Guest. For inventory and maintenance purposes a property management employee of the Owner may need to enter the premises. The same permission procedure applies as above.
7) ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE - Renters will be completely responsible for any and all damage to the home or property caused by Renters, whether accidental or due to Renters negligence. A $3000 security deposit will be held for 48 hours after checkout. An inspection of the home will be done to determine any damage.
8) USE OF EXTRAS - Owners will provide 8 beach chairs, 8 beach passes. If there are issues with any of the inventory, it is the responsibility of the renter to alert the owner of such at the start of the stay. All inventoried items will be checked at the conclusion of your stay and are expected to be returned in the same condition they were found. Replacements for some of the inventoried items
found to be damaged or missing will be billed at the following rates:
• Beach chairs - $50/chair
• Beach passes - $50/pass
Cart to transport items to beach $125
9) ASSUMPTION OF RISK: No lifeguard may be on duty. Accordingly, persons using the beach or pools do so at their own risk and the owner assume no responsibility for accident or injury. No one should swim alone. Renters will hold the Owners harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred on the property arising out of Renters' negligent acts or omissions. See disclaimer below.
10) CHILD PROOFING: Guest understands that no special efforts have been made to “childproof” this house, and accept the risk or harm to any children we allow on the property. These risks are not limited to, but include access to the ocean, pools, adjacent street, and cleaning supplies.
11) FURNITURE: All furniture must be returned to its original location on Guest's departure or an additional charge will be made.
12) MISSING ITEMS - Renters will be charged for any missing items reasonably attributable to Renters and not returned after notification. The cleaning service performs an inventory/survey of the property after Guests depart and notifies the Owner of any missing items. Owner will notify guests in the event that items were inadvertently taken, and provide guests the opportunity to return the missing items.
13) PERSONAL PROPERTY: Guest understands that any personal property of and used by Guest is not insured by Owner and Owner shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing property of the Guest or property of Guest left after check out.
14)Pool- Swim at your own risk. No glassware or bottles allowed by the pool. Children must be supervised at all times while in the pool. No diving or jumping allowed. No smoking anywhere on the property.
15) BEACH CONDITION: Guest understands that Owner has no control over the condition of the beach and cannot be held liable for any changes to beach conditions or any closing as ordered by any official agency.
16) NO PARTIES - This is not a party house. The Renter must be 30 years of age to book this Vacation Rental. Any special occasions such as weddings, receptions, family reunions or increase of occupants (guests not registered on registration form) must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and is subject to Owner's advanced approval. Prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time. Adults cannot rent property on behalf of underage guests, no exception.
17) NON-SMOKING - This is a NON SMOKING vacation rental. Evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke inside the home by the cleaning crew is sufficient basis to charge the renter for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, AC ducts & filters and furniture. This type of cleanup is expensive and Renter is Liable for the deep cleaning Costs incurred.
18) NO PETS ALLOWED. If you bring a pet(s), this rental agreement will be forfeited, terminated and deposits will be retained and a deep cleaning fee will apply.
19) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - is 20 persons, and renters shall not exceed that amount at any time during the rental period. House sleeps 16.
20) PARKING – Garage can fit one cars comfortably. Additional vehicles are permitted on the property, as long as they do not damage the pavers. Renter is Liable for the deep cleaning Costs incurred to the pavers if motor fluid stains the property grounds. On street parking is available.
21)SUBLETTING: Guest is not authorized to let or sublet all or any part of the premises nor assign the lease or any interest in it without the prior written consent of the Owner.
22)CHECK-IN & CHECKOUT - Check-in is at 4:00 PM and checkout is 11:00 AM. PLEASE checkout promptly, the cleaning crews have a very short time window to prepare the unit for new guests. All items will be checked at the conclusion of your stay and are expected to be returned in the same condition they were found, or will be subject to replacement/repair fees. If Guests are not present when cleaning crews arrive and have left their possessions in the house, cleaning crews will collect their possessions and remove them from the premises in order to prepare the unit for incoming guests.
23)CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES - Renters are responsible to complete the check-out procedures in the provided guest package that includes a check out list.
24)ATTORNEYS FEE/DEFAULT: If any legal action or proceeding (including default, non-payments, etc.) arising out of or related to this Rental Agreement is brought by either party to this Rental Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive from the other party, in addition to all other relief that may be granted, the reasonable attorney's fees, costs and expenses incurred in the action or proceeding by the prevailing party.
25) INDEMNIFICATION: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Owner for any liability arising before termination of this Rental Agreement for personal injuries or property damage caused by the negligent, willful or intentional conduct of Guest(s). This indemnification agreement does not waive Owner's duty of care to prevent personal injury or property damage when that duty is imposed by law.
26) PRIOR AGREEMENTS: No prior agreement or understanding not contained in writing herein shall be effective. Furthermore, Owner, other than what is specifically written and set forth herein, makes no other or further representation regarding the nature, character and quality of the premises to be rented, and no representation shall be deemed to exist or be material unless and until it is reduced to a writing and signed by the parties. This Rental Agreement may be modified in writing only, and must be signed by the parties in interest at the time of the modification. It constitutes the entire agreement of the parties. If any provision in this contract held by any court to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall never the less continue in full force.
27) FORUM SELECTION, JURISDICTION, LAW AND VENUE– The parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the District Court of the State of New Jersey for Ocean County and/or Municipal court for the city of Long Beach Township for the resolution of all disputes arising under this Agreement. The sole and exclusive venue (i.e. place where lawsuit may be filed) for any legal proceedings shall be in Ocean County, New Jersey. Guest expressly waives any other right or privilege with respect to the Disclaimer:
Renters understand that the Homeowners are not responsible for any personal injury caused by slipping on wet pavement or surfaces, and that tenants are responsible for exercising care when surfaces are wet or slippery due to weather or use of hoses to wash down areas, and further, that the homeowners are not responsible for any personal injury or loss or damage to tenants’ property caused directly or indirectly from foul, inclement weather conditions, Acts of God or nature, failure of heat, accidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, tenants’ failure to take adequate precautions around wet areas, or any unforeseeable circumstances.
Under no circumstances will Tenants or their guests hold the Owners of the Vacation Rental responsible for any damages or claims of any kind resulting from their stay, except for negligent or intentional acts of harm.